To be the principal voice for business in Bridgewater and area.
The Bridgewater and Area Chamber of Commerce will engage its members in ways that will inspire a progressive business climate and contribute to the steady economic growth of the South Shore. Our members will be part of an organization that is the leading voice for business in the Bridgewater area.
We will not favour any specific political party nor will we be a political organization.
We will be responsible and accountable for the membership’s trust by effectively representing the interests of the membership.
The Chamber will value the work of other organizations in our community that support and enhance the quality of life of our people and will work with these organizations for the betterment of our community.
The Chamber will have a clear vision of the future and will be proactive in representing the interests of the membership and communicating this vision to key stakeholders, decision makers and the community.
Continuous Improvement and Learning
The Chamber will be an organization that embodies improvement and learning and will be viewed as an organization that is innovative, modern, dynamic and continuously embracing change.
Strategic Direction One – Advocacy
The Bridgewater and Area Chamber of Commerce will be the voice for business on the South Shore of Nova Scotia.
- We will hold municipal, provincial and federal governments accountable for responsible stewardship of public resources.
- We will seek out every opportunity to provide input into public policy as it pertains to business on the South Shore of Nova Scotia
- We will publicly take a stand to represent the best interests of the business community and our members.
- We will be proactive in identifying issues and bringing them to the attention of policy makers and government officials for action.
Strategic Direction Two – Enhancing Membership
The Bridgewater and Area chamber of commerce will increase the membership by 10 percent each fiscal year.
- We will provide the membership of the Bridgewater and Area chamber of Commerce with at least five opportunities to network with other employers on the South Shore of Nova Scotia
- We will actively market the Chamber as a benefit to local businesses.
- We will provide a welcoming environment for members and people new to our community.
- We will ensure members and the community are aware of the mandate and work of the Bridgewater and Area Chamber of Commerce by creating and implementing an effective communication strategy.
Strategic Direction Three – Vision
The Bridgewater and Area chamber of Commerce will be advocates for the creation of a strategic vision for our community.
- We will collaborate with local organizations to create a vision for our community that reflects and celebrates the beauty of our environment.
- We will be advocates for improved road infrastructure that enhances traffic flow and ensures the safety of our community.
- We will support and be advocates for the growth of the tourism sector in our community.