Welcome to the Bridgewater and Area Chamber of Commerce website. Here you'll find listings of events of interest, Chamber News and issues and the benefits of being a member. We also provide convenient links to other business related organizations in the region and the province. Please feel free to browse around.
Bridgewater straddles the scenic Lighthouse Route and is in the heart of the LaHave River Valley. The area was founded on trade and commerce and today is still the commercial hub of the South Shore of Nova Scotia. We are fortunate to offer a growing business climate and a pleasant way of life. Our Chamber began in 1899 and has been a strong advocate for the local business community for over a century. As always, Bridgewater is open for business.
- To provide leadership on major issues affecting the business community.
- To foster and promote a positive climate for continued economic development.
- To effectively communicate the views and opinions of the Chamber members
- To promote, encourage and assist the development of tourism.
- To provide a range of quality programs, services and opportunities to meet members' needs
- Competition in a free market;
- Reasonable profit;
- Private ownership;
- Excellence in customer service and satisfaction;
- Community economic and social prosperity;
- Law and order;
- Efficient and effective government at all levels;
- A public policy framework that supports economic progress and fosters business success.
If you have any questions or concerns contact us.